Recent Posts

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

New American Idol Judge Mariah Carey


Mariah Carey is the New American Idol Judge. Mariah Carey born on March 27, 1970 is an American singer, songwriter, record producer, and actress. During last Monday's Fox's Television Critics Association presentation, Fox Broadcasting Company President of Entertainment Kevin Reilly announces and officially welcomes Mariah Carey as the newest American Idol judge.

Mariah didn't appear personally at the TCAs, but Reilly called her live from Fox's presentation and put her on speakerphone for everyone to hear. "I really can't confirm anything except for one thing," he began, "which is we do in fact have one judge whose deal closed very, very recently. I think it's the biggest recording artist that any of these shows have ever had. It's an artist that many contestants have tried to emulate, have tried to have sung the songs, have tried to have hit the notes, and because it really was concluded only hours ago, our new judge cannot be with us."

He then dialed a phone - and Mariah answered.
"I'm so excited to be joining 'Idol,'" Mariah declared over the line. "First of all, I wanted to be there today. I wish I was there myself to tell you, but it all happened real quickly. I can't wait to get started in a few months. Everyone have great TCAs, and I'll see you in January. Bye, everybody!"

TMZ reports that Mariah will earn an $18 million salary - a $2 million more than what Jennifer Lopez has earned from the same show and what A-list pop star, Britney Spears, will pocket for her first season on "The X Factor."

0 comments:

Post a Comment